May 16th will be a special day for many people who need help in our community. Community organizations which focus on all areas of life — housing, health care, education, employment, finances, food and more — are coming together. These diverse organizations will all be in one place at one time to serve those in need in a comprehensive way. This only happens twice a year . . . and it’s called Project Connect. Staff from The Ark Services will be there, reaching out to youth and families in need!
What is Project Connect? To learn more, click on the “Project Connect” graphic below!
From 12 PM to 4 PM on May 16th representatives from dozens of organizations will be at the Kalamazoo County Fairgrounds. In addition to offering free help, these groups are offering any individual who attends free transportation to the event and free lunch. Shuttles will operate from the Kalamazoo Gospel Mission, Ministry with Community, and other stops throughout the community.
Services available include:
- Basic Needs (birth certificates, library cards, mending, etc)
- Services for Children and Parents (medical screenings, child development and growth, parenting skills, vaccines, The Ark, etc)
- Education Services (college applications, GED preparation)
- Employment Services (mock interviews, resume reviews)
- Financial and Legal Services (credit repair, health insurance, legal advice)
- Food (emergency food resources, DHS applications)
- Health (blood pressure, blood sugar, diabetes, hearing, HIV, mental health, abuse and recovery)
- Housing Resources (eviction and foreclosure prevention, home buyer education, housing information)
- Services for Special Populations (DV, child abuse, disabilities, veterans)
If you or someone you know would like to attend, it may be helpful to bring the following with you:
- Birth Certificate
- State, school or prison ID
- Voter Registration
- Utility Bills
- Proof of Income
- Clothing to be repaired
- Discharge papers
- Immunization records
- List of medications
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please call 269-720-3721 or visit email@example.com.
We hope to see you there!